function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
salesforce1587salesforce1587 

Salesforce - Recent Items(Sidebar)

Hi, 

Present Scenario: When we create a record(for any object) bydefault it appears on the "Salesforce sidebar Recent items". And when we click on that link it redirects to a particular object. This is the salesforce feature.

Requirement:  The links that apperar on "Salesforce sidebar Recent items"  on creation of record redirects to that object. Instead I want to redirect to another object.

How can I achieve this?

Pls help. I need your inputs/suggestions ASAP. This is an urgent requirement.

Regards,

Neha G Patel

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can't make change in recent items sidebar as it is home page component with not editable option.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

salesforce1587salesforce1587

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Suppose when i click on the recent items, it redirects me to that particular object (Visualforcepage).

Then from there: Is it possible to redirect ot the object of our choice? 

NOTE: It should not stay in  that page for more than a millisecond & should redirect itself to the object.(without performing any clicks on that page)

Regards,

Neha G Patel

CloudMikeCloudMike

Clicking on a item in the Recent Items list initiates the View (button/link) for that object record.  You can override the View in the configuration of that object to redirect to a Visualforce page.  You can add any logic you wish to your VFP controller including any custom redirect behavior you wish.

Hope this helps,

Mike