function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shinerajbshinerajb 

in a visual source page to application tab

i made a new application and a tab inside that how do i attach a visual source page to the tab.

Like i have made an page called ma and i created another application i craeted a tab there.

How do i attach the page to the tab there

Regards

Shine

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

When you create the tab you specify that it is a visualforce tab and define the page as the content.

shinerajbshinerajb

i created an application as you said and is working fine.heartfelt Thanks .

but how how do i upload the new application into salesforce application exchange

Regards

Shine

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
This was selected as the best answer
shinerajbshinerajb

One more problem i in my application.i have login validation page.it checks on loading some credentials.

and goes to a diffrent page using pagerefrence.but it is going to a refrence page but it shows the home page in a diifferent  application

Login default i have given in an app called DL. in that i redirected to another page .The message "You do not have a valid  login" comes from that login.But it is standing in the home page of a different application in "site.com"

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

What is the address of the page you redirect the user to?

shinerajbshinerajb

I want  2 pages under one tab,in my case,when I am clicking on my application,then the resulting page is coming under the home tab of some other default salesforce application.

******controller****

public class Login{

public PageReference redirect() {

PageReference pr;
Integer total_records;
String email_login;
email_login=UserInfo.getUserName();
Http httpProtocol ;
httpProtocol = new Http();
HttpRequest request;
request = new HttpRequest();
String endpoint ;
endpoint = 'http:///Services/validate_user_login.php?id='+email_login;
request.setEndPoint(endpoint);
request.setMethod('GET');
pr=Page.loginfailure;
HttpResponse response;
response = makeCallout(request);
JSONParser parser = JSON.createParser(response.getBody());

while (parser.nextToken() != null)
{
if ((parser.getCurrentToken() == JSONToken.FIELD_NAME) && (parser.getText() == 'total_records'))
{

parser.nextToken();

total_records=integer.valueof(parser.getText());

}

}

if( total_records>0)

{
return Page.welcome_login;
}
else
{
return Page.loginfailure;
}
}

}

***********welcome_login*******

<apex:page >
<h1> Welcome</h1>

</apex:page>

********loginfailure*****

<br/>
<h1>
You do not have a valid account on <a id="theLink" name="theLink" href="https://mail.google.com/">www.gmail.co.in</a>. Please contact the folks at Decisionlink for further assistance</h1>

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

So is it that the type styling is not what you are looking for?

shinerajbshinerajb

that was not my intent. I have given a page on tab on load of this based on some authentication it redirect to 2 pages say valid_page or invalid_page (these are not under any tabs). what is happening is that the values of right page are coming( in the display part) but the application in the drop down is getting changed and the tabs that correspond to the new application are coming . deafault tab of the new application is highlighted and in the display  part the values of the valid_page or invalid_page are  coming(This correct). But what is not correct is the new application that is displayed on the drop down and the tabs that are coming (new tabs are the tabs for the new Application in drop down). The application list should not change.

Shine

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

That sounds like the new tab is only available on your new application.  If you don't want this selected, it needs to be in all other applications too.

shinerajbshinerajb

Hai,

I had created one App named as "DL",and I have one custom tab named as "Login",this is my landing tab,and the VF page for this tab is 

*****Login*****

<apex:page controller="Login" action="{!redirect}">

Here I am checking that user is valid or not,if valid it should go to 

***********welcome_login*******

<h1> Welcome</h1>

if user is invalid,then it should go to 

********loginfailure*****

<br/>
<h1>
You do not have a valid account on <a id="theLink" name="theLink" href="https://mail.google.com/">www.gmail.co.in</a>. Please contact the folks at Decisionlink for further assistance</h1>

In my case resulting page is displaying in the home tab of some other application and not under under my app "DL",So how can I solve this problem.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

How does the user access that tab - if it is enabled for them I don't think you'll be able to force the selection of a different application.  For example, I don't have opportunities in the call center application, but if I go to all tabs and select opportunities that tab opens but the application remains as call center (and no tab is highlighted).

shinerajbshinerajb

In my case,when i am opening my app the resulting page is displaying inside the home tab of some other application,not inside my app.

How can we display more than one VF page under one custom tab of my app?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Is it that your visualforce page contains another set of headers and sidebar?

shinerajbshinerajb

No

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I don't understand your problem then.  Can you restate it?

shinerajbshinerajb

Can we add more than one page under one tab?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Yes - you can have additional pages in iframes.

shinerajbshinerajb

How?can u give me some reference?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You just have something like:

<apex:iframe src="/apex/<mypage>"/>

Full details of the apex:iframe component are at:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_compref_iframe.htm

shinerajbshinerajb

How can I add VF pages to custom tab?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

This was covered right at the beginning of this thread - you create a visualforce tab.