function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
indranily81indranily81 

actionSupport is throwing runtime error.

Hello,

I am facing below error while performing a VF actionsupport . There is a pageblocktable in the VF page having a checkbox in each row. the actionsupport is supposed to invoke a function whenever the user clciks on any checkbox. Currently when the user is clciking on any checkbox below error is coming up. 

common.apex.runtime.impl.ExecutionException: Invalid conversion from runtime type String to LIST<String>

Snce this is occuring in our customer's code i have replicated a simple scenarion in my developer sandbox but there the

actionsupport is working fine. eack checkbox is able to fire the function associated with the action attribute.

Has anybody faced issues like this before ? It seems to me that the error is occuring due to some runtime error. i have tried to catch the error in try catch block but this error is not even getting caught in catch block. i am only able to get this through

<apex;pagemessages> on the VF page.

Any thought would be of great help.

Thanks

Indranil

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
indranily81indranily81

I have somehow figured it out. I was not using any rerender attribute for the ActionSupport. as I did not have a requirement to refresh the page and unneccesarily fire code.

Introducing a dummy rerender attribute solved the problem.

Thanks

Indranil

All Answers

yvk431yvk431

Can you paste your code

--yvk

indranily81indranily81

I can not paste the code as it would violate the organisation policy.

Thanks

Indranil

indranily81indranily81

I have somehow figured it out. I was not using any rerender attribute for the ActionSupport. as I did not have a requirement to refresh the page and unneccesarily fire code.

Introducing a dummy rerender attribute solved the problem.

Thanks

Indranil

This was selected as the best answer