function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vjaivjai 

Visual Page to enter master detail data in a single form

Hi SF Community,

I've created a VF Page for The Master Detail Objects(PO_HEADER and PO_Detail).

They work fine with the standard Button View as both Master Detail info are visible in a single page.

But They do not appear in a single page with Standard Buttons NEW or EDIT and I want both of them to appear in the same page.

Can Someone help or advise me.

Thanks in advance

-Vjai

colemabcolemab

I highly recommend Grid Buddy.

vjaivjai

Hi Cole,

Thanks for the help.....I've another question..

I've two Objects which have a master detail relationship.

Is there a way to open up a detail page as soon as the master details are entered and saved.

I've created a new SF Page for child object(PO_DETAILS) and when I press the save button on the Master object(PO_HEADER),the page must be re-directed to PO_DETAILS PAGE along with saving the Master object.

Any help woud be helpful.

---Vjai

colemabcolemab

No problem.

Yes, you should be able to do this. You might be able to just override a standard button and have the new button call java script to redirect the page.

However, if you plan on doing futher customizations in the future, I recommend that you create a visual force page then use that VF page to override the standard tab / page for the master object.  You can leverage the apex:detail tags to automatically populate a section of your custom page with the normal pagelayout.   Then you would just add the VF/apex/javascript to get what you need done on your custom tab.

Also, you do know that grid buddy can be used to display children and grand children on the same page as the parent right? It takes a minute to setup but totaly worth it - it would take to long to write your own similar interface.