function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
textualtextual 

VF, related lists and links; how do they work??

ive got a custom visualforce page that im using as a related list

originally in my testing, it was a straight up vf page, now im editing it slightly to be a realted list

1) how do i remove the pageblock formatting so it looks more like a native related list?

2) how do i format the link so that it opens in  a new window rather than the related list iframe looking section?

<apex:page StandardController="Account" extensions="AccountAssetController" tabStyle="Account">
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!AllAssets}" var="asset">
            <apex:column headerValue="Asset">
                <apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action.Asset.View, asset.Id)}">{!asset.Name}</apex:outputLink>
            </apex:column>
            <apex:column value="{!asset.Product2Id}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!asset.AccountId}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!asset.Status}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Salesforce WizardSalesforce Wizard
I can help with question 2.
You can use the attribute "Target" to control what the link does. For example target="_blank" will open in a new window. The same attribute is used by HTML. Nice examples of the options can be found here: http://allwebco-templates.com/support/S_target_link.htm
As to your first question, I don't think any of the standard components defaults to the style of a related list.
You could check out the class being used by Salesforce and if you use that class on your pageblock it MIGHT work. A second alternative is to look at the page source that contains a normal related list and copy the Table and div setup. I use Chrome's inspector (Ctrl-**bleep**-I) to do this.
Be forwarned that this isn't a "supported" method. Salesforce can decide to change their class names and styles at any point.