function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bozotheclownbozotheclown 

Force.com Home Page w VF - Remove Recycle Bin & Copyright???

Hello.  I am trying to customize my force.com home page with a VF page.  I have figured out to do it via Setup --> Customize --> Home  - but I still have an issue.

The issue is that this approach is not removing the recycle bin and the salesforce.com copyright in the footer of the page.  Does anyone know if it is possible to remove both of these items too?

Thanks in advance.

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

We can hide the recycle bin from the home page component.

Try the below code snippet in recycle bin and the salesforce.com copyright in the footer component (HTML Area)

<script type="text/javascript"> var x=document.getElementsByTagName("img"); for(var i=0;i<x.length;i++) { if(x[i].title=='Recycle Bin')  {   x[i].style.visibility='hidden';  } }var xx=document.getElementsByTagName("span"); for(var ii=0;ii<xx.length;ii++) {  if(xx[ii].innerHTML=='Recycle Bin')  {   xx[ii].style.display='none';  } } </script>

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

bozotheclownbozotheclown

Thanks for the help.  It worked for the recycle bin but it did not work for the copyright notice.  Also, would you know how to hide that blue background of the recycle bin (as it is still present when I hide it.

Appreciate the help.

tukmoltukmol

try this to get rid of copyright:

var elements = getElementsByClassName('bPageFooter noTableFooter');
if (elements.length>0) {
    elements[0].innerHTML = "Your own copyright battle cry";
    //elements[0].style.display = 'none'; // or this if you just don't want to see it
}

bozotheclownbozotheclown

Thanks...but that one does not remove the copyright.  I am using Chrome...but tried it in IE too.

tukmoltukmol

you have to call it within the onload event of the page.

i.e. :

<script>

var sfdcOnload = self.onload;

self.onload = function() {

if (sfdcOnload) sfdcOnload();

// - hide copyright

var elements = getElementsByClassName('bPageFooter noTableFooter');
    if (elements.length>0) {
        elements[0].innerHTML = "Your own copyright battle cry";
        //elements[0].style.display = 'none'; // or this if you just don't want to see it
    }

}

</script>