function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SwayampravaSwayamprava 

Reduce the loading time in VF

Hi, 

I have a Vf page where i implemented a seach function. I have to display a list values as apageblock table. The limit for a list is 1000 records. When i tried to test for 1000 records. the list is displaying 1000 records but, it is taking too much time  to display the table.around 60  to65 seconds.

Is there any way by which i can reduce the loading time? 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SwayampravaSwayamprava

Hi I got the solution...

In salesforce itself they alow to display max of 200 records at a time per page . Best display is 50 records. after that they provide pagination.

So the solution to my problem is pagination.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Make sure you're not storing all 1000 records in your view state (1000 is not actually a limit anymore, by the way). Instead, just load the current page you're on when displaying values (you could use OFFSET with developer preview, or just loop through and skip the first X records). Minimize your view state, and you'll maximize your performance.

SwayampravaSwayamprava

Thanks your suggetion. I think it will help me. But i don't nkow how to prevent stoning in view state. and what i the use of OFFSET.

Chamil MadusankaChamil Madusanka

Refer following links

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_best_practices_performance.htm

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/An_Introduction_to_Visualforce_View_State

If a reply to a post answers your question or resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.

SwayampravaSwayamprava

Hi i am able to remove from View state and also used OFFSET , but still it is taking 45 secs.

SwayampravaSwayamprava

Hi I got the solution...

In salesforce itself they alow to display max of 200 records at a time per page . Best display is 50 records. after that they provide pagination.

So the solution to my problem is pagination.

This was selected as the best answer