function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
@taani.ax1426@taani.ax1426 

Help

HI,

Can anyone describe me Standard and custom controller with a real time example..:(..Not able to analyze the diff yet. This would be fake if I continue working without knowing this.

Regards,

Taani

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JitendraJitendra

Hi,

The custom object name and standard controller name are the same. If you use the standard controller then sharing rule and other standard salesforce behavior related to that object will be applied to your code.

However there are lots of scenario where you just not need any standard controller and need custom logics like calling external Web service or any other calculations / validations or you dont want to apply the sharing rules, then in that case the custom controller will be needed.

For example : you want to create the wizard like interface then you can use custom controller.

Also please see the question number 69 and 70 in below link

http://shivasoft.in/blog/salesforce/salesforce-interview-questions-part-7/

All Answers

JitendraJitendra

Hi,

The custom object name and standard controller name are the same. If you use the standard controller then sharing rule and other standard salesforce behavior related to that object will be applied to your code.

However there are lots of scenario where you just not need any standard controller and need custom logics like calling external Web service or any other calculations / validations or you dont want to apply the sharing rules, then in that case the custom controller will be needed.

For example : you want to create the wizard like interface then you can use custom controller.

Also please see the question number 69 and 70 in below link

http://shivasoft.in/blog/salesforce/salesforce-interview-questions-part-7/

This was selected as the best answer
@taani.ax1426@taani.ax1426

Thanks for your fast reply..and what would be the easiest example to understand controller extension.? and yes, i have one more doubt regarding ISNULL and ISBLANK, whats the difference.?

Regards,

Taani