function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MJR_NexMJR_Nex 

Jquery mobile with chatter in visualforce page

I am building a vf page using jquery mobile. The main requirement is that we include the standard chatter ui. we did that using <apex:feedwithfollowers> component. The issue is that sometimes a post won't post. i am guessing there is some conflict, so I used jquery.noconflict(). Still no love. Any ideas?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

That's exactly what's happening I'd say. Chatter uses javascript as does JQM.  The console would show where they are conflcting.  Iframing is the solution I often use, especially once Internet Explorer is involved.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Have you checked the javascript console for errors?

MJR_NexMJR_Nex

I don't have any custom javascript, except for the JQuery Mobile package and the JQuery package themselves. I did not check the console (to be hones, didn't know there was such a thing or how to use it). However, I did find a workaround. I put the Chatter components in a seperate page and included them in the JQuery pages through an iframe. Now it works great. I am guessing there was some conflict between the JQuery scripts and whatever code drives the Chatter components.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

That's exactly what's happening I'd say. Chatter uses javascript as does JQM.  The console would show where they are conflcting.  Iframing is the solution I often use, especially once Internet Explorer is involved.

This was selected as the best answer