function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
abcutterabcutter 

Need to hide standard STAGE field on Opportunity Page Layout

Hi,

I am trying to hide a couple standard fields on the Opportunity Page Layout: Stage & Probability. I can make Probability invisible so I at least have a workaround for that, but I cannot do the same with Stage.

I need Stage to be a dependent field, controlled by another field on the page since different project types have different sales stages. But this is not possible with the standard Stage field so I've created a custom one. Now I want to hide the default Stage field, but it's a required field on the page layout.

Salesforce support suggested that a developer on this site could help me make this change. I would appreciate any assistance!

Thanks,

Alexis

abridgett@cutterassociates.com

jd123jd123

Hi 

I didn't get exactly what you would like to do, Can you explain bit more than I can help out you.

Like what is the data type fields and what are you excepting??

abcutterabcutter

Thanks for responding - I'll try to explain it again. On the Opportunity page layout, there are two standard fields that cannot be removed - Stage and Probability. However, I'd like them removed from the page so I can use custom fields instead. Salesforce support indicated that the only way to hide them is to do so through the code.

If this still doesn't make sense, let me know. I would also be happy to email you screen shots if that would help.

Thanks,

Alexis

jd123jd123

Hi 

you can write a visualforce page.i think throught the visualforce page you can do this.

if you have any qestions please let me know??

my mail id mahender.maram@gmail.com