function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JeffPhxJeffPhx 

How to dyamically select which campaign to send, at different time intervals?

Hello, i could greatly use some pointers  here.  i need to do the following:

any time a new contact is  created i need to send 3 campaigns,  on day 1, day 90, and day 365.  Another catch is that contact indstry type drop down will determine which campaign to send. so the  campaign will be selected based on a) industry  type and b) number of days .

i would really appreciate any tips (high level outline of the steps) on how to impliment this.  I have been studying  time based triggers, sending campaigns with basic work flow, but have not been able to figure out  the steps to meet the  rules outlined above completely.  Originally i was told by my boss to  use the api and program against this to do the work, but to me that  just seems wrong.  Based on my little investigation so far, i'm betting that SF can  do this by itself  by configuring  work flow, time based tiggers, etc..

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Kwalla25Kwalla25

I think a Workflow Rule with this criteria would work:

Industry Type = X

Days = Y

Then send Email A after so many days.

Each combination of Industry Type & Days could have it's own Workflow Rule.. so it could be a lot of combinations, but if each one is going to have unique email to send, I think you'd need that.

Though.. I may be missing what you're looking to do.

All Answers

Kwalla25Kwalla25

I think a Workflow Rule with this criteria would work:

Industry Type = X

Days = Y

Then send Email A after so many days.

Each combination of Industry Type & Days could have it's own Workflow Rule.. so it could be a lot of combinations, but if each one is going to have unique email to send, I think you'd need that.

Though.. I may be missing what you're looking to do.

This was selected as the best answer
JeffPhxJeffPhx

thank you, i think this is what i need. took me a while to figure out how to attach the email template to the time based trigger but i think its working  now. just waiting for my email to be delivered  to see if it worked (set it  send after 1 hour for testing).