function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Madhura BMadhura B 

Help Text in Visualforce

Hi,

My visualforce page is as follows. I would like to have the help text displayed next to my input fields.

I can't give showheader as true. So is there any other way to get the helptext bubble displayed?

<apex:outputpanel >

<table width="100%">
    <tr>
    <td>
        <apex:inputfield value="{!af.tdpaf.Area_of_Focus__c}" /> 
    </td>
    <td>  <apex:inputfield value="{!af.tdpaf.What_data_are_you_collecting__c}"/></td>
    <td>  <apex:inputfield value="{!af.tdpaf.Baseline__c}"/></td>
  </table>

</apex:outputpanel >

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can use the use showHelpText attributeof Inputfield.

apex:inputField and apex:outputField should show their help bubble (if applicable) when nested within a pageBlockSection component automatically.

If you want to provide your own text instead you can by utilizing the helpText attribute on pageBlockSectionItem. Also you can access the help text within an expression by using the respective $ObjectType global as such:

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem helpText="{!$ObjectType.Contact.Fields.New_Agency_Name__c.inlineHelpText}" >

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

como_estascomo_estas

Hey there.  I just had to tackle this myself and the answer that I came up with is foul, but it works.  I created the page with showHeader="true" and then hid the header stuff using CSS.  Here's the CSS I am using which hides the header and the silly shadow box around the main div:

<style>
    		#AppBodyHeader, .bPageFooter { display: none; }
        	body.sfdcBody, td.noSidebarCell, .bodyDiv { background: none; border: none; }
        	.bodyDiv {
        		background-color: white;
				border: none;
				-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 0px;
				-moz-border-radius-bottomright: 0px;
				border-bottom-right-radius: 0px;
				border-bottom-left-radius: 0px;
				-moz-box-shadow: none;
				-webkit-box-shadow: none;
				box-shadow: none;
				min-width: 100%;	
			}
    	</style>

I hope that works for you.  It's working for me.