function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
InteractiveLogicInteractiveLogic 

Live Agent Chat Window Customization

The Live Agent Developer's Guide has a section on "Customizing Chat Windows", which is awesome. I'm really glad that we have the ability to build a custom window using Visualforce components and HTML/CSS!

However, there seems to be a piece missing in that section, unless I just missed it. 

The section tells us how to build a custom window but it doesn't seem to indicate how to hook it up to our deployment. Therefore, how do we tell our deployment to use the custom Live Agent Chat Window?

Thanks!

///eks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

I think I found it.

User Name > Setup > App Setup > Customize > Live Agent > Chat Buttons > [Edit] > Custom Chat Page

Getting good at answering my own posts!

All Answers

I think I found it.

User Name > Setup > App Setup > Customize > Live Agent > Chat Buttons > [Edit] > Custom Chat Page

Getting good at answering my own posts!

This was selected as the best answer

OK so here's a puzzler.

When I switch to using a custom page, the user is blocked by an "Authorization Required - You must first log in or register before accessing this page." message.

So my next question is... how do I expose that custom page so that any of our customers/users can communicate via the custom chat page (i.e. allow access to it from the public without login)?

[EDIT]

I attempted to adjust the "Security" setting of the page, just adding all the roles to the page, and that didn't work... so still up to other suggestions.

[/EDIT]

Thanks!

Orn IngvarOrn Ingvar

Did you ever find the solution to "Authorization Required"? Running into the same issue with the demo code provided in the Live Agent dev guide

Yes I solved it... but I don't recall how!  Doh!

Let me see if I can figure that out again and I'll post the solution...

OK, As I recall, Scott_VS got me pointed in the right direction. In this thread:

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Exposing-a-Customized-Live-Agent-Chat-Window/m-p/460585

He said the following:

Is the Live Agent being hosted from a Force.com Site? (Username -> Setup -> Develop -> Sites)

If so, then you need to click on that site's name and then click on the "Public Access Settings" button at the top.

But there were a couple more steps, and I think these are they:

1. Go to Username > Setup > Develop > Sites
  2. Click on Public Access Settings
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of that page to the Enabled Visualforce Page Access section
  4. Click Edit
  5. Add your custom VF page from the list on the left to the list on the right.

I think that was all I needed to do, but I really cannot recall 100% if this was it. Let me know if if works for you, since I'm going to need to remember how to do this again! 

Also if you discover other steps, could you please post them here so we can keep this information around?

Thanks!

ErnieErnie

SF Support did this for me but from what I gather the steps you mention are correct to get this working.

Thanks for the help !

Vunv-FramgiaVunv-Framgia

I use liveAgent:clientChatEndButton  in my Custom Live Agent. But it doesn't work.

My source code as below:

"<liveAgent:clientchat>
        <liveAgent:clientChatSaveButton label="Save Chat" />
        <liveAgent:clientChatEndButton label="End Chat" />
        <div style="top: 5px; left: 5px; right: 5px; bottom: 5px; position: absolute; z-index:0;">
            <liveAgent:clientChatAlertMessage />
            <liveAgent:clientChatStatusMessage />
            <table id="waitingMessage" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
                <tr>
                    <td>Please wait while you are connected to an available agent.</td>
                </tr>
            </table>
            <div style="top: 0; right: 0; bottom: 41px; left: 0; padding: 0; position: absolute; word-wrap: break-word; z-index: 0;">
                <liveAgent:clientChatLog/>
            </div>
            <div style="position: absolute; height: auto; right: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; margin-right:67px;">
                <liveagent:clientChatInput/><liveAgent:clientChatSendButton label="Send"/>
            </div>
        </div>
    </liveAgent:clientchat>"

Please help me make it work.

Thanks you very much.

krish99krish99

HI,

can u send me sample code of customization of chat window. i am confusing where should i have to place my javascript code..plz..plz...plz.,..plz 

SF NinjoSF Ninjo
Thanx this helped me alot :)

Hari Singh 6Hari Singh 6
Hi Guys,

I had the same issue, I added custom chat window - vf page to the public access settings of PreChatForm site.

Thanks,
Hari