function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
InteractiveLogicInteractiveLogic 

Exposing a Customized Live Agent Chat Window

So I figured out how to tell Live Agent to use a custom page... (I think)

But when I switch to using a custom page, and the user initiates a chat from a Chat Button, the user is blocked by an "Authorization Required - You must first log in or register before accessing this page." message. I attempted to adjust the "Security" setting of the page, just adding all the roles to the page, and that didn't work.

So... how exactly do I expose that custom page so that any of our customers/users (i.e. The Public) can communicate via the custom chat page without requiring a login?

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Scott_VSScott_VS

Is the Live Agent being hosted from a Force.com Site? (Username -> Setup -> Develop -> Sites)

If so, then you need to click on that site's name and then click on the "Public Access Settings" button at the top.

All Answers

Scott_VSScott_VS

Is the Live Agent being hosted from a Force.com Site? (Username -> Setup -> Develop -> Sites)

If so, then you need to click on that site's name and then click on the "Public Access Settings" button at the top.

This was selected as the best answer

There were a few more steps to it but your reply got me pointed in the right direction. 

Thanks!

I think these are the steps, but I will update here if they need adjusting:

1. Go to Username > Setup > Develop > Sites
  2. Click on Public Access Settings
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of that page to the Enabled Visualforce Page Access section
  4. Click Edit
  5. Add your custom VF page from the list on the left to the list on the right.

Related thread: 

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Live-Agent-Chat-Window-Customization/m-p/460551/highlight/false#M52233

CkehmCkehm

I am not seeing the option "Enabled Visualforce Page Access" as outlined in the post. I cna get to sites however, all I can do is edit the site information, no permission settings are listed. Am I just missing a step?

CkehmCkehm

Looks like I have it now... 

Dev2IndiaDev2India

@

Hello,

Could you please share the chat window code so that I can have a reference for this.

Thanks

SF NinjoSF Ninjo
Thanks This post helped me alot..
LiveAgent DemoLiveAgent Demo
Following step works
Go to Develop-->Sites--> Click on the Sites Label.
Check whether your VF page is added to "Site VF pages".