function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GlenSteinhardtGlenSteinhardt 

Create a link accessible to only a certain group of users

Hello SF geniuses...

I'm trying to create a Page in Sites with a five option menu.  Each option is meant to link to a specific page containing documentation on that specific application.  So in other words, if they click a menu item for APPLICATION A, they will be brought to a page containing documentation about APPLICATION A.  BTW, this will be done with users in the CUSTOMER PORTAL USER GROUP.  The Sites login is set up to redirect to the Customer Portal upon login.

The above I can create without a problem, however, here is the difficult part...

I’m trying to learn how to set up the permissions for that menu in Salesforce so that only users with certain permissions can access certain menu items.  So, if they hit the APPLICATION A menu item and they are in the group allowed to view content for APPLICATION A…it will take them there.  Otherwise, if they’re not in that group, it takes them to a different page letting them know they don't have the permissions to view that page.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction to set something like this up?  I'm happy to provide more information if necessary. 

Thanks so much for your help!