function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NjangaNjanga 

Hi All

Is it posible to add  an event listener on standard page picklist e.g onChange.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

It is not possible in salesforce standard page. For this you have to create a vf page and override the salesforce standard page.

You can do one thing create a text field and a validation rule. Check if user selects the picklist value “Failed interview” then display an error message below the text field.

All Answers

Hi,

No, it is not possible you can add event listener on salesforce standard page.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

NjangaNjanga

Thank u Navatar_DbSup.

My situation is this, I have an Applicant custom object and i have a picklist as one of the field and 'Failed Interview'  is one of the value in the picklist. So what i want is a popup prompting user to enter a message when picklist value is 'Failed interview' before or when saving the applicant. Am really stuck here.

Hi,

It is not possible in salesforce standard page. For this you have to create a vf page and override the salesforce standard page.

You can do one thing create a text field and a validation rule. Check if user selects the picklist value “Failed interview” then display an error message below the text field.

This was selected as the best answer