function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shebin-KVP Business SolnsShebin-KVP Business Solns 

Please help to prevent from navigating to standard page for records deleted

Hi All,

How can I prvent from  navigating to standard page for records deleted and for other errors.

Our project is such that all pages should be in custom theme and styles. I have VF page for all objects.

Problem arises if the record , which I am going to open is already deleted ..  SFDC redirect me to standard

page and displaying record deleted with standard   header and sidebar. How can I prevent it. I  did not find any

organisation wide error page or anything else to prevent it in controller class also...

Please share your ideas....

Thanks in Advance

Shebin Mathew

KVP Business Solutions

Bangalore.

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

as you are saying u are using custom vf pages y cant u create a custom error page ...tell me one thing from where you are deleting the record..its from standard layout  or custom?

Shebin-KVP Business SolnsShebin-KVP Business Solns

Hi Kiran,

Thanks alot for your care,

The record is inserted by api and api monly deleting the same record if it finds a duplicate record. If any duplicate record(Duplication is determoned by one field) is found it will be deleted and inserts new record with same value.

Now suppose api inserted one record I opened the vf page to see that record , mean while if  api deletes the record  and if I refresh the vf page wich I have opened already , I am getting "Record Deleted" error which is on standrd page.

My requirement is such  that if I refresh vf page for a record deleted I shold be redirected to a custom VF page telling the record deleted , same error message I dont prefer to be displayed in standrd page.

Hope this clarrifies you about the problem.

Plese let me know if I have to explain more.

Thanks again

Shebin mathew.