function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kieran.osullivankieran.osullivan 

Anonymous Access to VisualForce Page (Event Registration Form)

I want to allow people to register for an event I have created a VFP for this however I'm not sure how to allow "Anonymous" people to access this page ( people who do not have salse force accounts).  What are the setps involved in this.

Thansk.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The only way to allow unauthenticated access to Salesforce that I'm aware of is using a Force.com site.  This allows you to expose visualforce pages as a publicly accessible web site.  There is a 'guest' profile associated with the site for public access, and you can add access to the visualforce pages you want to expose through that.

There's lots of good information at the Force.com Sites wiki page: http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Sites

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The only way to allow unauthenticated access to Salesforce that I'm aware of is using a Force.com site.  This allows you to expose visualforce pages as a publicly accessible web site.  There is a 'guest' profile associated with the site for public access, and you can add access to the visualforce pages you want to expose through that.

There's lots of good information at the Force.com Sites wiki page: http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Sites

This was selected as the best answer
Silabs AdminSilabs Admin
Bob,

Is there any other way to expose just a single VF registration page without using site.com? The reason, we do not need all the other functionality and paying almost 1.7K per month does not make sense.

We need to have bunch of logic based on email the user enters for registration, like account he will be tied to, level of access he may get, etc. This is for customer portal registration and we do not want to use out of box registration.

Thank you for your time in advance.

regards
Mitesh
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Yes - if you have enterprise or unlimited edition you can use a Force.com site - these are included in the license.  You'll have to build your own pages from scratch, but if they are simple that shouldn't be too difficult to do.

You could also bend web to lead or web to case to do this.

Silabs AdminSilabs Admin
Thanks Bob for quick response. I am actually looking into that right now.

You may hear soon from me :(

regards
Mitesh