function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aka_floaka_flo 

Not All Results Displayed

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" recordSetVar="opportunities" tabStyle="Opportunity" sidebar="false">
<apex:pageBlock >
      <apex:repeat value="{!opportunities}" var="opp"> 
         <apex:outputPanel rendered="{!IF(opp.Status__c == 'Subscriber',true,false)}" >
        {!opp.Name},
        </apex:outputPanel>
       </apex:repeat>
       </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

I have created the above code; however, I have noticed that this is only reviewing the top maybe 20 results from the full opportunities list. Does anyone have any ideas on why this would be happening? If it doesn't evaluate the entire list, then I don't get the results that I want.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ShamilShamil

When you run the code, the Standard list controller picks the most recently used filter - the list view currently selected on the Opportunities tab. Go to the Opportunities tab to check the currently selected filter - it is limiting your result set.

If you remove the following condition:

opp.Status__c == 'Subscriber'

the VF page will render the same results as the currently selected list view.

This link explains the relationship between list views and Standard list controllers:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/pages_controller_sosc_list_views.htm

If possible use list view selection drop-down, similarly to the example provided in the documentation - set the filterId property based to a value from the listviewoptions. If that is not possible you may have to create your own custom controller to display the data you need.

All Answers

ShamilShamil

When you run the code, the Standard list controller picks the most recently used filter - the list view currently selected on the Opportunities tab. Go to the Opportunities tab to check the currently selected filter - it is limiting your result set.

If you remove the following condition:

opp.Status__c == 'Subscriber'

the VF page will render the same results as the currently selected list view.

This link explains the relationship between list views and Standard list controllers:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/pages_controller_sosc_list_views.htm

If possible use list view selection drop-down, similarly to the example provided in the documentation - set the filterId property based to a value from the listviewoptions. If that is not possible you may have to create your own custom controller to display the data you need.

This was selected as the best answer
aka_floaka_flo

Another quick question... is there a way that I can set the sort order for the records that appear based on the view selected?  If so, how?

ShamilShamil

Records are sorted on the first column of data. To implement custom sorting you'll need to use a custom list controller:       http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_custom_list_controller.htm#topic-title

aka_floaka_flo

I had a feeling that you were going to say that.  Since I do not have the ability to create controllers in the Professional Edition I will have to find another work around.  It doesn't make sense for these items to order alphabetically.

I will either have to switch the order of the columns or try to use an iframe to import a report that I created.  Do you happen to know I can remove the filters on a report used in an iframe, so that I do not have to worry about the extra stuff appearing.  I only want to see the results.

Thanks!