function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike_M_2Mike_M_2 

fieldSet in a Change Set Validate problem

ClientCampaignDetailsApex Class716dimensions is not a fieldSet of ClientCampaign__c

I am getting the above error when I try to a Validate on a Change Set. The problem is, I can't find a reference to "dimensions" anywhere. I think I DID create a fieldSet named "dimensions" as an experiment in my source Org (sandbox), but I deleted it. 

so QUESTION, do Change Sets, make a copy of the objects at the moment when you add the object to the Change Set, OR do they get the specified objects at the moment the Change set is UPLOADed to the target ORG? 

If it DOES make a copy of the objects, and then  I CLONE a Change Set, does it make a fresh copy of all the objects at that moment, or does it copy definitions of the Objects from the Change Set which is being cloned?

TIA

Mike

vishal@forcevishal@force

Yes, cloning a change set takes a fresh copy of all the artifacts and components that are a part of it. So maybe the changeset you are uploading has the version of class which has reference to the mentioned fieldset.  If I am not wrong, you'll need to clone it and then upload.

Let us know if that works because even I'm not 100% sure about it.