function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
btran3btran3 

Changing labels separately for parent and child accounts

I would like to change parent accounts to "Company" and keep children accounts as "Accounts".  I have talked to a salesforce support technician and he said that there is no way to do this type of naming convention and refered me to this discussion board.  Please let me know if you have a solution or could direct me to an app I could use.  Thank you!

jd123jd123

Hi

I think you can do  like this

Setup---> Customize---->Tab Names and Labels----> Reename tabs and lables

if it is not working please let me know.

SFFSFF

Sorry, there is no way to do this - believe me, I've tried.

What I have done, however, is change replace the standard section at the top of the Account page layout with a custom section and then change the Section Name to match my page layout. In your situation, I might change the Account object name to Company/Account and then set up separate record types for Companies and Accounts. Each page layout would then have its own section name at the top of the page to help users understand which is which.

I would also rename Parent Account to Company Account and remove it from the Company Account record type.

It's not perfect - but that's the best I've been able to figure out short of a reworking the entire page in Visualforce.

Good luck!

btran3btran3

I am not entirely sure if I understand what you mean by "hange replace the standard section at the top of the Account page layout with a custom section and then change the Section Name to match my page layout".  Could you show me how you have it implemented for your organization?  Thanks!