function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Praveen KimarPraveen Kimar 

Illegal group reference in Visualforce

Hi,

I have an issue in VF page.

My issue is, i have created a VF page and assigned to a public site as the site template. It worked fine till yesterday, I haven't done any changes but now i am getting " Illegal group reference" exception. can anyone help me on this. So that i will be able to correct my mistake if i did any. I could not able to find what the reason is.

Please suggest me how can i resolve this ?

Thanks,

Praveen K.

Scott.MScott.M

I'm running into the same issue. No changes have been made on our end, it just stopped working. Any salesforce patches that could have caused this?

Scott.MScott.M

It looks like the IE directives got broken in Winter 13. The following will cause an Illegal Group Reference in winter 13 but does not in summer 12. I'm looking for an alternative way of specifiying the ie directive at the moment.

<!--[if IE 6]>
<![endif]-->
Scott.MScott.M

This fixes it:  

<!--[if lte IE 6<apex:outputText escape="false" value="]"/>>

Scott.MScott.M

Actually this may not fix it. Teir 2 support says

"In previous releases, we used to Process the VF Components inside Conditional comments, however from Winter 13, we no longer process these and they are directly sent to the browser. Developer needs to make sure that they are NOT passing VF Components in HTML Conditional Comments."

So these statemes will no longer work in visualforce. Will have to find another way to conditionally include stylesheets.