function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jaganjagan 

inline editing for Rich text area is not working when using apex:detail

Hi,

I have a vf page and i am using apex:detail with inline editing as true in the page.

Inline editing works fine for every field except rich text area. When i double click on rich text area, it doesnt show the field for editing, but the save and cancel buttons will come (but wont work... means nothing will happen when i click save or cacel) and i have to refresh the page again.

I couldnt understand what is the problem here... :(

Can any of you please help me with this..

Thanks,

Jagan

Naidu PothiniNaidu Pothini

Inline editing isn't supported for standard rich text area (RTA) fields, such as Idea.Body, that are bound to <apex:outputField>

when Visualforce pages are served from a separate domain, other than the salesforce.com domain. By default, Visualforce pages are served from a separate domain unless your administrator has disabled this setting. Custom RTA fields aren't affected by this limitation and support inline editing.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_quick_start_inline_editing.htm

I hope this helps.

-Naidu

jaganjagan

Thanks for your reply. But its not a standard rich text field. It is a custom rich text area in a custom object

jaganjagan

you can experience this by.. ( hope you have inline edit feature enable for your organization)

1) create a rich text area field in any object (ex: Account)

2) create a simple visual force page with Standard controller as that object ( ex: Account) . Inside this page just give 

<apex:detail inlineEdit="true" relatedListHover="true" relatedList="true"/>

3) Now override the view button of that object (ex: Account) with this vf page.

4) Now go to any record and try to double click the rich text field.

Thanks,

Jagan