function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Preya VaishnaviPreya Vaishnavi 

VISUAL FORCE PAGE FOR CONSOLE

Hello all,

We have a requirement to make our visualforce page work both for old console and new service cloud console in salesforce.But some functions is not working in our page.We have overriddent view with our visualforce page.So hyperlinks,and the frames in which the related lists will load is not loading in old console..In our new console we have this new problem that if i add an attachment to the case or delete an attachment from the case,the case detail page suddenly gets disappeared.But the attachment is added.(We have done page redirections by overriding view page)

Googled a lot for this stuff.Only found few posts related to this.Please help..

i found only this line in salesforce doc

Visualforce page might not display correctly in a Service Cloud console unless they're updated to show in it.

What should we do to update a visualforce page to display correctly in service cloud console

Your help is much appreciated

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

PrakashbPrakashb

Hi ,

What you have observed is right. When a view is overridden with the Vf page in the new Service cloud console , the subtabs are opening  for the related list in the same tab instead of opening in the new subtab.

If you are using cutom buttons or links you can use the below link to open the page in a new subtab.

http://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000YKxYAAW

For the the standard buttons its a salesforce funcationality which has to be modified by salesforce.

Also in the normal console the related lists dont appear when a view page is overridden.

sfdc1230sfdc1230

Hey me too need the same thing...and the following link

http://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000YKxYAAW

was not working.Can you help me on this account?

Preya VaishnaviPreya Vaishnavi

Hi,

Are u overriding the view of a standard or a custom object in salesforce?If yes then in service console many features will not be available as it is available without overriding.