function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike @ BlackTabMike @ BlackTab 

Drag-and-Drop Functionality Within Visualforce Page

Does anyone have experience with using jQuery or the HTML5 "Draggable" feature to implement drag-and-drop capabilites? It seems like every tutorial I find on the web conflicts with the extJS and other internal SF javascript libraries. Any thoughts? Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Unfortunately I don't think it would help :)  This was for a rather complicated diary management piece of work and the functionality was striped across the visualforce page and controller. Picking out the dnd from that would be a challenge.

However, I used the sitepen blogs to get this working in the first place, using the markup mechanism where elements have custom classes to indicate they are a source or target of a drop. 

http://www.sitepen.com/blog/2011/12/05/dojo-drag-n-drop-redux/

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I've done this using the Dojo framework which didn't conflict with any of the standard Salesforce functionality.

Mike @ BlackTabMike @ BlackTab
Can I see some sample code? It would be a huge help, thanks!
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Unfortunately I don't think it would help :)  This was for a rather complicated diary management piece of work and the functionality was striped across the visualforce page and controller. Picking out the dnd from that would be a challenge.

However, I used the sitepen blogs to get this working in the first place, using the markup mechanism where elements have custom classes to indicate they are a source or target of a drop. 

http://www.sitepen.com/blog/2011/12/05/dojo-drag-n-drop-redux/

This was selected as the best answer
VidulaVidula

Hi Bob,

I have question on Dojo/DnD API. Can we use this API in Visualforce ? Can you please guide me little on this so that it will be easy for me to use it in my application.

Thanks in advance.

AngulixAngulix
Hi Bob, 
Personnal success, I manage to bring one of the tuto page you mention above about drag and drop into the SFDC environment. I'm so happy about this as it demonstrates very nice cool features can be use to build SFDC app and bring Web 2.0. I had no doubt this could be done but I didn't know how and with which tools. Now I know. 
It is a long time you wrote this post but I cannot tell how much it helped me in my SFDC quest ;-)