function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BobBBobB 

rerender onclick and onkeyup

I have this code, taken from Jeff Douglas' dynamic search page (thanks very much).

<script type="text/javascript">
      function doSearch() {
        searchServer(
 document.getElementById("contributorFname").value, document.getElementById("contributorLname").value, document.getElementById("MOC_Lname").value, document.getElementById("soqlLimitPage").options[document.getElementById("soqlLimitPage").selectedIndex].value // LAST note comma ); } </script> <apex:actionFunction name="searchServer" action="{!runSearch}" rerender="results,debug,errors"> <apex:param name="contributorFname" value="" /> <apex:param name="contributorLname" value="" /> <apex:param name="MOC_Lname" value="" /> <apex:param name="soqlLimitPage" value="" /> </apex:actionFunction>

If I enter the code from a field using onKeyUp it works fine. The query runs in the controller and the page rerenders and all is good. Life is great.

If I enter the code from a button using onClick, the query runs in the controller, I can see it in the debug logs. But.. the page does not rerender.

Is there a difference between onClick and onKeyUp? How else can I force the rerender of the results? (I can provide more code if neccessary.)

I am a coder from way back when but a newbie to java, JS, Apex, and VisualForce.

Thanks for any help... Bob

BobBBobB

Adding rerender to the CommandButton line caused progress!

<apex:commandButton onclick="doSearch();" rerender="results" value="Run Search" id="theSearch"/>