function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeff BloomerJeff Bloomer 

Replicate Forecasting for Revenue

The current custom Forecasting object is centered around Opportunity pipeline.  It's forecasting what our sales reps believe will close within a particular time period.  What my company wants to do is also set up forecasting for revenue once the Opportunity has been set to Closed - Won.  I'd like to have the ability to replicate the forecasting object, pages and components via Apex & Visualforce, but it's not possible for me to view all of the fields or how the Forecasting piece is implemented.  The idea is to have a similar interface where people can enter their projections around what they would expect to be invoiced in a particular month.  They could possibly have an input gui that shows all 12 months of the year containing prior year volume on one line and then current time period on the bottom where they can enter the current forecast.

If there is anyone else out there that has done this or something similar in the past and can provide the insight for me to get the information I need to do this, I would be very grateful.  Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.