function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SF7SF7 

Select records from Custom object list page and move those to Reports.

HI ,

I am trying to have an add to camapgin buttonon my custom object list page but unfortunately i could not do it and asked for SF help they said we can only have add to campaign func in leads and contacts . 

So my Idea is to put a list button on my custom object list page which takes them to a standard report where they have ADD TO CAMPAIGN button . So i am stuck with how to take the records to the report.

If user selects MY Custom records list he has to select some of those records and then hit the button which should take to the report which those selected records , IS THIS POSSIBLE?)

Thanks

Akhil

EnthEnth

For your solution your user would need to press the button which simply directs them to the report (note you can pass parameters to the report for any filter fields you define). Once on the report the user can check the items and press the Add to Campaign button - BUT THE BUTTON ONLY APPEARS ON LEAD AND CONTACT REPORTS (for marketing users)!

Your alternative is to get someone to write a VF controller (see various posts/cookbook answers for VF pages as buttons) which implements the StandardSetController. This can then take the checked items from your list view/related list and perform the logic you require - even on a custom object.