function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Utkarsh1001Utkarsh1001 

Moving VisaulForce Page from sandbox to Production using Change Set

Hi ,

This is Utkarsh. I am trying to move Visual force pages for my app from sandbox to Production instance. Managed package is installed in prodcution instance. I am facing some unusual erros after I transfer pages to production.

1. when I try to access one of pages transferred using apex/<page name>, it is giving me an error URL does not exist though I can see particular page & its controller code into system.

2. Some components on one of pages is not visible even though I can see its code into visual force page in development mode.

Please suggest me some solution over this.

Thanks in advance.

Utkarsh

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

i hope you missed to add those components to the logged in user profile check that once..

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

Yes, you will get error when you are trying to access your page using 'apex/<page name>', because the as you are saying that there is already a managed package has been installed on production org. To overcome this you can pl. do the following steps.

1. Go to Home tab

2. Now Access your page using 'apex/<page name>'.

Please let me know if you are still getting errors.

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

i dont think so Sridhar that will make the difference ....

Utkarsh1001: can you please post the complete url that u are trying to access

Utkarsh1001Utkarsh1001

Kiran : following is the URL I am trying to access. I am using instnace with System administrator profile where in sandbox it works well.

https://mfiforce.eu2.visual.force.com/apex/LoanRepay?CF00Nb00000017cxI=LAI-00000238&CF00Nb00000017cxI_lkid=a0ob0000000PQNL&scontrolCaching=1&retURL=%2Fapex%2Fmfiforce__tabbedLoanAccount%3Fid%3Da0ob0000000PQNL%26sfdc.override%3D1&sfdc.override=1

where LoanRepay is my visualforce page.

@Shridhar : I tried that what you said but its still throwing same error.

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

is this the same url along with ids that u copied from sandbox and usiing in production or not?

Utkarsh1001Utkarsh1001

only first part mfiforce.eu2 is different in sandbox which has to be I guess...rest URL is same.

Hi Utkarsh,

Can you pl. let me know you URL when it is in the HOME tab ?

I think we can resolve this.

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

just try to access the page in the production some thing like this

https://production value.visual.force.com/apex/LoanRepay

change that production value to production site name what u are seeing in production

Utkarsh1001Utkarsh1001

Hi,

Shridhar,

I tried again now what you mentioned in last message. It is showing page but still some inputfield components are missing from page. In Addition to that I want to call this page from 'New' Standard button of one custom object. Can you suggest something?

Kiran,

I tried doing this but its not working. Do we need to give permissions to System admin profile also?

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

i think i am missing some basic thing you should be using the namespace for the package when referencing the page

Package name = myPackage

so /apex/myVFPage?id={!Opportunity.Id} becomes /apex/myPackage__myVFPage?id={!Opportunity.Id}

try  lthis change

Utkarsh1001Utkarsh1001

Hi,

But I am trying to access that page from Standard Button 'New' of one custom object. How can i append mypackage name in front of VF page. I tried doing it manually but its throwing same error.

Is there anything in settings that has to be done while moving VF pages specially?

Utkarsh

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

then best do one thing

1. Modified page and linked it to a standard Opportunity controller with an extension:
Code:
<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" extensions="myVFExtension">

2. Created a controller extension and moved the logic from my custom controller customVFCon into it.

Hi,

Are these Inputfield components are created recently or they are existing from the begining? 

Can you check the visible permissions for these input fields for system administrator?

go the object , override that button with this VF Page.

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri

Linda 98Linda 98

Hi ...

I moved a VF Page from sand box to production which has tobe  rendered as PDF...Everything seems to be working in sand box...

Its the same code in production but i could see the pdf is disrupted...

Everything changed ...the aligment...and all...

Any help ...

Thanks

Linda 98Linda 98
I figured it out...It was a data issue...As production doesnt have some data i was getting no rows error... Because of that PDF was disrupted.