function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Starz26Starz26 

Live Agent always shows Offline

I have configured Live agent for the org, created skills, assigned the System Admin Profile to all the skills. Created a button and deployment.

I create a Sites VF page using the code from the deployment guide.

No matter what I do, the Offline element always shows. I cannot get the online element to show despite two live agents being logged into the live agent console and the status as available.

Anyone have any ideas? btw, this is in sandbox.

here is the VF code, very basic, right now just trying to get the ONLINE element to display.

<apex:page >
  <h1>Welcome</h1>
   Thank you for contacting customer support
   <!-- START Button code -->
      <a id="liveagent_button_online_573W00000004CAL" href="javascript&colon;//Chat" style="display: none;" onclick="liveagent.startChat('573W00000004CAL')">ONLINE</a><div id="liveagent_button_offline_573W00000004CAL" style="display: none;">OFFLINE</div><script type="text/javascript">
if (!window._laq) { window._laq = []; }
window._laq.push(function(){liveagent.showWhenOnline('573W00000004CAL', document.getElementById('liveagent_button_online_573W00000004CAL'));
liveagent.showWhenOffline('573W00000004CAL', document.getElementById('liveagent_button_offline_573W00000004CAL'));
});</script>

<!-- END Button code -->

<apex:outputtext value="TEST TEXT"/>

<!-- Deployment code -->
<script type='text/javascript' src='https://c.la2cs.salesforceliveagent.com/content/g/deployment.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript'>
liveagent.init('https://d.la2cs.salesforceliveagent.com/chat', '572W00000004C9X', '00DW0000000IRe9');
</script>
</apex:page>

Live agent integrationLive agent integration

I am also geting the same problem..Did you enable LIve agent in service cloud console??How did u logged in to Live Agent If it is not service cloud console.

gonzalolgonzalol
Did you ever figure this out?
Wei NiWei Ni
Okay, I am assuming you have configured everything correctly, but there is one last step.
Go to the console app, right bottom corner, click live agent. Change your user status to 'online'

RajeshPunjabiRajeshPunjabi
Live Agent always works in console.  You have to go online from console and referesh chat page.
gonzalolgonzalol
I have Live Agent running in my org with no issues.  You don't have to be in the console to run Live Agent.  Make sure you are not part of all the skill, you are only allowed to be part of one skill.