function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
wahoobiewahoobie 

PKB2 help using custom VF for a specific Article Type result

On Pg 21 of the Public Knowledge Base 2 App Guide (May 9, 2012 found here: http://appexchange.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00P3000000CxwjsEAB) it talks about how to create a "Custom Template Example". This will allow us to create a custom page based on an Article Type. I am just getting into Salesforce.com so my experiance with the platform is rated at "newbie". I need to understand how this customization is used by PKB2. Once I talor this sample code to my Article Type (named "Solution") and include a custom field for display ("Details__c") where do I need to edit PKB2 to ensure this customization is used? That's my troublespot today ;)

How do implment a custom page for a given Article Type within PKB2?

Thanks for any help! I think I just need a lead.

wahoobiewahoobie
Ah, just found the revised "Salesforce Knowledge Implementation Guide" from Nov 9. 2012 and it has a topic on "Choosing a Template" (pg 17-18) that may be the trick I have been searching for...
wahoobiewahoobie
So I can create a page based on the sample and now I know how to associate it with a specific Article Type. Now I need to see just how to get it to work. At the moment when I select a given article link on the PKB it just refreshed the current page - no drill into the details. I cut the page back to just some debug content and no luck. I am sure something in my template is wrong - or perhaps a setting in other PKB2 code I need to alter. Any ideas?