function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ulfulf 

Customizing Case Feed layout not working as expected

I am working currently with the 

"Customizing Case Feed with Visualforce" document and attempt to create my own case feed layout.

Everything works, except I have one problem when implementing the example from chapter 1

"Customizing the Layout and Appearance of Case Feed".

The first apex page listed in the code sample is suppose to display the "case details" and "Log a call" publisher in a different layout. The page as such works, however what I am missing is how to integrate that page so that it replaces the default case feed process.

I can add the page as additional publisher to an existing case feed layout, but then it will be displayed in the center of the page like any other publisher, with the original case feed menu displayed. But from the example picture in the document it looks like this particular page sort of "replaces" the default case feed page.

So how is this page suppose to be added exactly to Salesforce?

Thanks,

Ulf

Thanks,

Ulf

sainath.pinnintisainath.pinninti

Hello,

I am also facing the same trouble. They didn't mentioned any thing in the document regarding where to place the VF page in the service cloud console case layout. I tried it by placing the VF page in Top side bar (sub tab components) in custom console components. But it will definitely display standard detail page under it. How to remove it or it will be like that only?

Thanks,

Sainath

sainath.pinnintisainath.pinninti

Hello Ulf,

The solution for the problem is,  change the view of case detail page from standard case details page to your custom VF page.

I think you may know how to do it. For this goto customize > cases > Buttons, Links, and Actions

edit view to replace standard detail page with VF page. Hope this s what you are expecting.

Thanks,

Sainath.