function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
como_estascomo_estas 

pageBlockTable, actionSupport, and param

Here is my failing VF and Apex code.  I'm trying to pass the value of a particular record's ID in a pageBlockTable to the controller with an apex:param inside an actionSupport....

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!attendees}" var="a" title="Attendees">
<apex:column> <apex:facet name="header"> <apex:commandLink value="Confirmed ({!numConfirmed})" action="{!doSort}" rerender="attendees" styleClass="checkBoxes"> <apex:param name="sortField" value="Confirmed__c" assignTo="{!sortField}"/> <apex:param name="defaultSortOrder" value="desc" assignTo="{!defaultSortOrder}"/> </apex:commandLink> </apex:facet> <apex:inputField value="{!a.Confirmed__c}" styleClass="checkBoxes"> <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" action="{!updateAttendees}" rerender="attendees"> <apex:param assignTo="{!csiToUpdate}" value="{!a.Id}" /> </apex:actionSupport> </apex:inputField> </apex:column>

For whatever reason the apex:param inside the apex:actionSupport doesn't seem to be assigning the value of a.Id to the csiToUpdate property in the controller.  Keep in mind that the apex:param elements in the headers are working as expected.  I feel like because it's within a loop, there is an issue.  Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong here?  Here's the relevant controller code:

public string csiToUpdate {get;set;}

public void updateAttendees()
    {
    	system.debug('FFFFF ' + csiToUpdate);
    }

The debug always shows "FFFFF null".  What I was doing before was that the updateAttendees() method would simply update the entire list of attendees.  However, when that list gets long, it takes a long time.  I'm trying to have it update only the record that had a checkbox clicked.  i also tried using an arbitrary name attribute, which was mentioned in some other posts.

What am I doing wrong?