function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jacoclockedjacoclocked 

VisualForce Lookup Field - Pass Account Name to Filter for each line

I have a VF page laid out as such: 1st column: checkboxes, 2nd column: Account Name, 3rd column: Contact Lookup field.

Checkbox |  Account Name |  Contact Lookup

Company A          Return Contacts From Company A

Company B          Return Contacts From Company B

Company C          Return Contacts From Company C

The problem I am trying to solve is for each line, I only want to return the contacts for the respective company. I.E. if I click on the lookup filter on the Company A line, I should only be returned the contacts for Company A.  If I click the lookup filter on the line for Company B, I should only be returned the contacts for Company B.  

Any help provided would be awesome!!! Thanks 

jacoclockedjacoclocked

An Added Bonus.  My Contact Lookup field has a filter on it.  However, the filter is not being adhered to on the VF page.  I've seen various posts about this issue but have yet to stumble upon the answer.  

imutsavimutsav
What is the issue here??? Have you started to code? is there any specific issues which you are not able to resolve ?
jacoclockedjacoclocked

I have a contact lookup field which has a filter on it.  When the lookup field is added to the visualforce page, it is returning all of the contacts and not the filtered values.  

We've started to code but ran into a problem because we cannot seem to create dynamic filtered lookups on the visualforce page.   See my original post on the issue for further details.  Thanks!