function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mikey999Mikey999 

Setting Custom Check box on a visual force page

First off I must tell you I am lost when it comes to Visualforce.  I know how to create an object add fields set layouts etc.  But nothing in Visualforce, I am not a programmer, but need to do one seemingly simple item in SFDC.  

We have a visualforce page, and I need to add a checkbox.  I created the field, added it to the layout and set the security (not that any was needed).  I thought it would be simple to add this field to the visualforce page, but knowing nothing it is not simple to me.  I added the field Transfer_Order_C it is a T/F checkbox.  What would be my last step to add this to the form.  There are two visual force pages that relate to this form.  This may be beyond my scope but thought I would ask if it wasn't difficult.  

Thank you in advance for any help.

AdrianCCAdrianCC

Hello,

Where exactly are you stuck? What's the error? Are you using apex:inputCheckbox?  http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_compref_inputCheckbox.htm

Can you post your code please?

Thanks,

Adrian

Mikey999Mikey999

I am going to have to go through the training videos, I am not even sure what code to post.  Thanks for the help, I need to learn more about the basics of Visual force and Apex.