function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lioraliora 

PDF preview button for a new custom object

Hi,

I want to create a 'create PDF' button on my new custom object. I would like it to look the same as the 'create PDF' function of the Quote standart object.

Is there a way to clone the functionality to my visualforce page?

Thanks for the assitance,

Liora

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Not with the popup and all that coolness, but you can make a generic "preview pdf" page. We have one of those in our product. What you need, basically, is one VF page to host a IFRAME, the other page is the PDF. Set the source for the IFRAME to the PDF page, and view that. The first page can have buttons to save to the record or even email.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Not with the popup and all that coolness, but you can make a generic "preview pdf" page. We have one of those in our product. What you need, basically, is one VF page to host a IFRAME, the other page is the PDF. Set the source for the IFRAME to the PDF page, and view that. The first page can have buttons to save to the record or even email.

This was selected as the best answer
Itayb34Itayb34

We're trying to achieve something similar...I was able to create the visualforce page to view to PDF, and additional button to save the pdf to "Notes and attachments". I'd like to preview the document and be able to: Save, and save and email (similar to the Quote PDF functionality)

Could you please publish your code for the iframe piece?

Thanks

Itay