function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mrhmrh 

PageBlockButtons Issue

Hello

I have just created a new page (in visualforce version 26.0) and on the view page I have a set of buttons (which I have set to appear in "both" locations.

However with the location="both" set, the edit button (defined below - which returns to the edit page with the saved data for further changes) only works when you select the edit button at the bottom of the page.  Clicking the edit button at the top does nothing and leaves me on the view page.

<apex:commandButton styleclass="screenonly buttonform button edit"action="{!edit}"value=""rendered="{!isEditable}"/>

However if I set location to "top", then the only edit button at the top of the page works correctly.

It would seem that setting the page back to be a version 24.0 implementation fixes this and with location set to "both", either of the edit buttons work.  Frustratingly, all my other pages were created with version 24.0 so they all work correctly.

Its seems only a problem if I use version 25.0 (or 26.0).  Does anyone know what could cause this difference between version 24.0 and 25.0?

Many thanks in advance,
mark

blackGblackG

Hi mrh,

I am having the exact same problem. If I set the location of the PageBlockButtons to "both" only the bottom ones work. However using location "top" or "bottom" everything works as expected.

Anybody has any idea what happened here with the version switch?

Kind regards,

BlackG