function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LavanyaLavanya 

Using PE created new VF page for Opportunity showing wrong probability value based on stage

I have created a VF page for Opportunity, added this new vf page to Opportunity new button. When I am creating a new Opportunity, probability is showing in correct value. For example if I select the stage as "Negotiation" the probability should be "80%" but it's showing "10%". I am using PE, kindly any one tell how to resolve this and also tell any links for this. Thanks in advance, waiting for your reply.

VF Page:
>**apex:inputfield value="{!Opportunity.StageName}" required="true" id="stage" onclick="changeblock();"/>

>apex:outputfield value="{!Opportunity.Probability}" />**

AdrianCCAdrianCC

Hi,

From what I see in the docs:

Percentage of estimated confidence in closing the opportunity. It is implied, but not directly controlled, by the StageName field. You can override this field to a different value than what is implied by the StageName.

So the 2 are not related picklists, and changing one value will not automatically change the other. 

Try to add an action in the controller where you are changing the Probability based on the StageName value, and call this with an actionsuport on the StageName inputfield.

Ty,

Adrian