function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LSKozLSKoz 

Visualforce Remoting Disappears...

Does anyone know any reason why the Visualforce manager snippet disappears from a Visualforce page randomly?

When I open a Force.com Sites visualforce page, I get the following near the top of my source code:

Visualforce.remoting.Manager.add(new Visualforce.remoting.RemotingProviderImpl({"service":"apexremote","vf":{"tm":__________,"dev":false,"vid":"__________","dbg":false,"tst":false},"actions":{"_NAMESPACE_._CLASS_":{"ms":[{"name":"_METHOD_","len":1,"ns":"_NAMESPACE_","ver":26.0,"csrf":"__________________________________________________________________________________________"},{"name":"_METHOD_","len":1,"ns":"_NAMESPACE_","ver":26.0,"csrf":"__________________________________________________________________________________________"}],"prm":0}}}));

Once I've done some remote visualforcing and the user is redirected to a new instance of the page, this bit of code at the top disappears and the Visualforce remoting becomes unavailable because I cannot call that namespace, class and method.

I would do my visualforce remoting like this:

NAMESPACE.CONTROLLER.METHOD(param1, function(options) {
    // callback stuff here...
});

There are no exceptions other than in the Javascript console saying:

ReferenceError: NAMESPACE is not defined

Any ideas?

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
LSKozLSKoz
Great! Worked out a solution.

The RemoteAction method was actually part of another class. I just assumed that I would always be able to access that method from a page that has it's main controller set to something else.

In other words, VF page uses Controller A but calls a RemoteAction method in Controller B.

All you need to do is set Controller B as an extension and that method becomes permanently available.

I also made good use of Visualforce.remoting.Manager.invokeAction().

Take note guys.