function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Emmanuel CoronaEmmanuel Corona 

custom master detail page

Greetings!

I have a problem with the related list for a custom object i hope you can help me

I have a custom object called "sla", i have another custom object called "building", an object called "sla request"  and the Opp.

I need to make a related list in the opp so the user can request a sla, so i create another object called request, here in this object i have a lookup field to search for the opp, another to search for the SLA... but i need here a related list to include the building... but i only can get a related list with a button NEW, i don't need to create a new building i need to include the building that allready exists in sfdc... but i don't find the way to insert a button "Add"...

I would like to have something like the product selection page for the opp

I will really appreciate your help.
Avidev9Avidev9
How about hiding the New button form the related list and creating a new Button which takes you to your VF page that give you Product selection like UI.
that make me sense... but how can i do that???? i'm really new in the SFDC world i step by step i'm being involved.
Avidev9Avidev9
Well if you are not aware about VF and Controller/apex I guess it wont be easy.
Hi Avidev9!

I have basic knowledge, let us try, if you have time and patience
Avidev9Avidev9
Steps are really like
1.Create a VF Page with the search functionality
- Lot of stuff will be involved here
- Query all the related records from where user can select
- display them in a table
- Update records based on user response
2.Map the VF Page with button.

mmmm... ok maybe i don't know nothing!

I know how to create a visualforce page... i have done some for register thing in different objects but things like querys and then show in tables.... i'm not sure to be able to do it by myself... i'm lost... right??? :(

Avidev9Avidev9
well sorry you may need a lil bit more info.
I wrote a blog today on wrapper class, not that related but you can get an Idea on how to generate a selection screen

http://blogforce9.blogspot.in/2013/06/wrapper-classes-wrap-it-up-with-wrapper.html