function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chicho13Chicho13 

Form SFDC

Hi everyone,

I would like some users of my company to be able to fill out forms which information goes directly to SFDC. I thought about something like Customer Portal but it's expensive for what they actually need.

Would it be possible to have a place (site,.URL,visualforce page,....web-to-form??) where users can enter some data in a particular form without buying a license for each of them? They access to Salesforce information should be restricted to strictly the form they want to fill out.

Thank you!!

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

What you can do is use the web to lead form in case you wish to save the information the users are entering in an Object/record.

http://ap1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/setting_up_web-to-lead.htm

This way, users won't need licenses and they would be able to access the form and enter data in Salesforce withot accessing any other salesforce information.

What kind of information are you looking to store? 

mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi Chicho,

you can use web to lead form OR Site for fullfill your requirment. 

if you use Web to Lead(use can add few line of code into your web page, this code will generate by Salesforce).

if you use site, then first you create a Visualforce page and add this page with site. Site will provide a global url for you users

Please MARK AS BEST ANSWER!!!!

Regards
Mukesh