function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alex.AcostaAlex.Acosta 

Checkbox list action event

I'm having an issue with standard rendering. Within the 'Action' column, the checkbox next to the 'Edit' and 'Delete' links appears on some Sobjects and not others. Example would be in one Sandbox both Account and Leads works fine and you can see it on both. On other sandboxes only one works. I was hoping when pushing it to production I would be lucky enough to have it work, but alas, it did not. Works great on Leads when it came to Account, I had a no go.

VF code:

<apex:page showHeader="true">
    <apex:ListViews type="Account">
    </apex:ListViews>
</apex:page>

Short version of my question, how can I make this standard checkbox appear?

http://i.imgur.com/90UUEn2.png

Only possible solutions I've found online are:

Validating under Setup > Customize > User Interface
        Validate 'Enhanced Lists' and 'Inline Editing' is enabled.

Also If you have record types and in the list view you have more than one record types, you will lose the checkbox.
Try create a list view which contains only ONE record type.
so use a filter
account record type = xxx
and set your other filters.

I have tried both these with no luck. Please help!

Best Answer chosen by Alex.Acosta
Alex.AcostaAlex.Acosta
Solution for this is that you need to have a custom field which has the property Display Checkboxes (for Multi-Record Selection) for checkboxes to appear within the list view. Some standard objects already have such a button on the list view layout by default such as Contacts with 'Add to Campaign'

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

If you hit the standard accounts tab and pick some list views, do you see the checkboxes there?

Alex.AcostaAlex.Acosta
Yes
Alex.AcostaAlex.Acosta

Any more suggestions Bob? The visualforce page works if I switch the Account view to a contact view. Could this possibly be a bug with Person Accounts? We have no standard Accounts within our Orgs

Alex.AcostaAlex.Acosta
Solution for this is that you need to have a custom field which has the property Display Checkboxes (for Multi-Record Selection) for checkboxes to appear within the list view. Some standard objects already have such a button on the list view layout by default such as Contacts with 'Add to Campaign'
This was selected as the best answer