function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RChintalapatiRChintalapati 

Disable inline editing for a single visualforce page

All,

I am using an enhancedlist for a single visualforce page. However with Enhanced list it shows the inline editing (the pencil icon next to each item in a list) even when I set Customizable = false on the apex:enhancedList tag. However I don't want to globally disable inline editing via user interface settings. Is it possible to disable inline editing via code for a single visualforce page/ object.

On a different question, is it possible to display enhancedlist with a dynamic subset of records from an Object. I created a visualforce page with a custom controller for an object. The visualforce page has inputfields with which I filter the records on the Object. However I couldn't populate the enhanced list with these subset of records dynamically queried. I want to use enhanced list since it provides features like sorting, pagination etc. 

As a work around, this is what I am doing.  I created another object which maps with the fields on the original object. When the user queries/filters the original object, all the filtered records are copied to the new object. The new object is shown in the enhanced list. When I exit the page, I empty the new object. The issue with the work around is when two users are working on the visualpage. When one user is accessing the page and if a second user closes the page, the records are deleted and the first user has no access to the records any more.

Thanks all

amarcuteamarcute

Hi,

<apex:enhancedList> does not have any attribute to enable/disable the inline editing. It comes inline editing enabled by dedefault. For now, we have to depend on some workaround or some other type of list which will not support inline editing.

There is an Idea to have an attribute to support enabling/disabling inlione editing for <apex:enhancedList>. Please vote.

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000bTcuAAE