function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CloudHugger2CloudHugger2 

Cant maintain content in Service Console

I have what looks like a straight forward Service Console requirement and stunned that it cant be sorted easily - any suggestions most welcome! Maybe I am missing something? I hope so...

Assume Im a service agent and click on a case whilst in console list view. It opens the Case as a primary tab, and spawns two subtabs. So far so good - a 'Details' tab (standard) and a 'Matching' tab (custom visualforce). The 'Matching' tab is a custom VF UI that offers up possible contacts to match the case to, based on info stored in the case. 

The issue is this - as an agent having identified a match I am able to click a button to confirm which contact to link to and then auto-close the custom 'Matching' subtab using the console toolkit, but amazingly - am not able to force a refresh of the standard case 'Details' subtab usingconsole toolkit javascript code in the custom VF page - due to cross domain scripting issues. What is the point of the toolkit if I cannot force a refresh of other tabs in the console view?  Bizarre...

Any suggestions most welcome!