function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rehan_moodrehan_mood 

Picklist with multi lingual org to be displayed as multi select picklist

Hello,

I have a scenario where I am stucked.

I have an org which support two languages (English and Japanese). I have used translation workbench and uploaded translation.

There is a requirement to create a search page for opportunity. A picklist field in opportunity is search parameter to be displayed as multi-select picklist. Using below function I created multi-select picklist from pick list.

//controller code

private static List<SelectOption> getPicklistValue(sObject obj, String fld)
    {
        List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>();
        Schema.sObjectType objType = obj.getSObjectType();
        Schema.DescribeSObjectResult objDescribe = objType.getDescribe();       
        Map<String, Schema.SObjectField> fieldMap = objDescribe.fields.getMap();
        List<Schema.PicklistEntry> values = fieldMap.get(fld).getDescribe().getPickListValues();
        for (Schema.PicklistEntry a : values)
            options.add(new SelectOption(a.getLabel(), a.getValue()));
        return options;       
    }//End Func getPicklistValue

Challenge that I am facing is: this picklist is always showing English values in multi-select picklist and this is obvious because I am fetching Label from picklist and displaying.

I want for Japanese users it must show Japanese translation of this picklist (already uploaded in Translation workbench). I am in search of some straight forward solution to this one.

Thanks,

Rehan

sandy_salesfdc1sandy_salesfdc1

why dont you create an instance of opportunity and expose the field in the visualforce page instead of using the selectoption

rehan_moodrehan_mood

Thanks Sandy for your reply. This approch will not work because I have to display normal picklist as Multi-Select Picklist on Visualforce page

hravuruhravuru

Please let me know how did you solve this issue? i also need to implement similar requirement that i need to display the same page which has dynamic select options in different languages.

rehan_moodrehan_mood

I used the same code just changed one line (highlighted) in the code :

//controller code

private static List<SelectOption> getPicklistValue(sObject obj, String fld)     {        

List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>();

Schema.sObjectType objType = obj.getSObjectType();

Schema.DescribeSObjectResult objDescribe = objType.getDescribe();

Map<String, Schema.SObjectField> fieldMap = objDescribe.fields.getMap();

List<Schema.PicklistEntry> values = fieldMap.get(fld).getDescribe().getPickListValues();

for (Schema.PicklistEntry a : values)

options.add(new SelectOption(a.getValue(),a.getLabel()));        

return options;          

}//End Func getPicklistValue