function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DahveedDahveed 

Visualforce override Case List View gives URL No Longer Exists on console only

I am customizing my customer portal with visualforce to remove some fields I otherwise cannot. However I want my support reps to see the SF standard pages in the service cloud.  If there is a way to only redirect portal users without overriding the org please let me know. The only way I saw to do this was create an ovveride with the following in the page

<apex:page standardcontroller="Case" recordSetVar="cases" tabstyle="Case" sidebar="true" action="{!if(OR($Profile.Name = 'STD Customer Portal User',$Profile.Name = 'Test Customer Portal'),null,urlFor($Action.Case.View, $ObjectType.Case, null, true))}" 

This checks to see if they are a portal user by profile and if they are, then override. This works great, however my service cloud support console now gives me URL No Longer Exists. It sends me to this URL whether the overide is on or off.

https://cs7.salesforce.com/ui/support/servicedesk/ServiceDeskPage?tsid=02uD00000011JSy

If the Case list view override is off then the page displays fine. If it's on then it's a URL not found on the same page above. I'm not sure exactly how to troubleshoot this. Please help.

Dahveed

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
DahveedDahveed

I found the error. I was looking for a much more difficult reason.  A colleague pointed out that I needed to change the $Action.Case.View to $Action.Case.List  as it is a displaying a standard list.