function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GrrrrrrrrrrrrrGrrrrrrrrrrrrr 

twistSection not working

Hi everyone.

I am trying to implement SFDCFox's twistSection code that I have found in multiple places.

Every variation that I can find on Force.com is not working, so I suspect that I have done something terribly wrong.  Could someone please help me out ?

I have a pageBlock with multiple pageBlockSections.  I want to be able to toggle the sections open or closed onClick of the triangle img from salesforce.

Here is a small piece of my page:

<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardController="Opportunity" tabStyle="Opportunity" extensions="getAllRecords">
<apex:includeScript value="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js" />
<apex:pageBlock id="block1" mode="detail" rendered="true">
<apex:tabPanel selectedTab="FIRST TAB" id="theTabPanel" tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab" width="100%">
<apex:tab label="FIRST TAB" name="firstOne" labelWidth="250px" id="one">
<apex:pageBlockSection id="underFive" title="Within 5 Days or Past Due.." columns="1" collapsible="true">
<apex:PageBlockTable value="{!DuePastDue}" var="records" rowClasses="brightRed1,brightRed2" >
<!--I have multiple columns here-->
<apex:column value="{!records.Account_Name__c}" headerValue="Account Name" width="19%" /> </apex:pageBlockTable>
<script>
twistSection(document.getElementById('{!$Component.block1.theTabPanel.one.underFive}').getElementsByTagName('img')[0])
</script>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:tab>
</apex:tabPanel>
</apex:pageBlock>

I cut almost all the extra bits for brevity.

I have also tried:

twistSection(document.getElementById('{!$Component.block1.underFive}').getElementsByTagName('img')[0])

twistSection(document.getElementById('{!$Component.underFive}').getElementsByTagName('img')[0])

twistSection(document.getElementById('{!$Component.j_id0.block1.theTabPanel.underFive}').getElementsByTagName('img')[0])

twistSection(document.getElementById('{!$Component.j_id0.block1.underFive}').getElementsByTagName('img')[0])

For all of them, when i run it, the twistSection does not work.  It does append the alt's "Hide Details" name, so I know it is recognizing the image at least.

And, finally, when I use the Firefox debugger tool, here is the id I get for my global component reference:

div id="j_id0:block1:underFive"

What am I doing wrong?

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

***** 12/27/2012 UPDATE:  when i remove the tabPanel and tab tags from the VF page, the twistSection works fine.
  So how do I keep the <apex:tab> and <apex:tabPanel> portions of the page AND use the twistSection?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
GrrrrrrrrrrrrrGrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Solved this problem for anyone else needing a solution.

The script SFDCFox provided was fine (I knew it was just me).

I had the tabpanel and tab tags nested inside the pageBlock tags.

I switched those around and that ended the problem.

<apex:tabPanel >                    
    <apex:tab >                                    
        <apex:pageBlock >