function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sparun1607sparun1607 

Regarding Pop-Up or Custom Look-Up

Hi Guys,

Im very new to salesforce, I'm facing issue in displaying a pop-up below i have given my question, kindly let me know in case of any further clarification if question is not very clear.

I would like to have a pop-up (like a look-up) feature for a custom object in visualforce page when we click on lookup image, but it should have my own defined column. I tried to refer many examples but I couldn’t find right one.

For example, if we take an account object I would like to have my preferred column (not giving like this <apex:inputField value="{!acc.ownerid}" /> this will give only the account subject to the owner id ) here I would like to have all the Account Name and Account Site. The Account Name should have a link and if the user click Account Name the value should be placed in the Text Field.

Regards,

Arun

sparun1607sparun1607

Thanks Kiran for posting a good link.

However this solution will not solve my issue as i said (<apex:inputField id="Account" value="{!contact.AccountId}"  />) i don't want to have an id in the value attribute and my object dosen't have any id and it is autogenerated by salesforce. My Object has only 5 set of columns(Type, Key1, Key2, Text, data1 & data2), which holds 700 records. I need to have the two column values(data1, Text) in the lookup based on the type with page navigation. I can write  even the query but how page navigation can be done, since even though we have tags such <apex:enchancedList> or <apex:detailList>. KIndly let me know if my understanding is wrong or not able to understand my requriement.

Something similar below

| <<Window Title>>                                                  |X|  |

|                                                      <<Page Size>>        |

|______________________________________ |

|  Data 1  <<Column 1>>  | Text  <<Column 2>>      |                                                                                     

|______________________________________ |

|    Data 1 Value                  |  Description                     |                                

|______________________________________

|    Data 1 Value                  |  Description                    |

Regards,

Arun

sparun1607sparun1607

Guys, Kindly let me know if you are not able to understand my question.

Thanks advance for the answer

Arun