function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sieb4mesieb4me 

pre=populate email fields

Question on email

Is there a way to prepopulate following on email when send email button is clicked (on emails related list) from Case screen.

1) Input Ref ID
2) Copy Case Team

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
NewInternNewIntern

Create a custom send button and have the content source as URL. Here, you need to type out the URL page to be loaded when the custom button is hit. For this, check the URL on the browser when you are on the page after populating the two fields ref ID and copy case. Copy paste this URL into the content source, so that when you click the custom button, the require paged is pre-populated with those fields. 

All Answers

NewInternNewIntern

Create a custom send button and have the content source as URL. Here, you need to type out the URL page to be loaded when the custom button is hit. For this, check the URL on the browser when you are on the page after populating the two fields ref ID and copy case. Copy paste this URL into the content source, so that when you click the custom button, the require paged is pre-populated with those fields. 

This was selected as the best answer
NewInternNewIntern

You want to prepopulate the subject too right? Well, right click on the subject field and hit 'Inspect Element'. The HTML code opens up and you will get the id of the field, somthing like <input id="p6" .....> In this ex, p6 is the name. So to your URL, add &p6=My prepopulated subject

This should work.

sieb4mesieb4me
perfect, thanks a lot.
sieb4mesieb4me
I just realized, Email related list which is out of box on the Case screen is not customizable.
IT Support EnessIT Support Eness
"For this, check the URL on the browser when you are on the page after populating the two fields ref ID and copy case."

Cannot figure the URL out in lightning experience using the above approach. So this is probably only valid for classic experience.