function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SpirusSpirus 

Error: Insufficient Privileges

Hello,

I have created a custom object and 2 visual force pages that override the custom layouts. 1 for the "view" layout and 1 for the "edit" layout. When a user clicks the save button the page refreshes an the message " Error: Insufficient Privileges" appears in red.

You can see in the picture below. 

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/d67v.jpg/

I as an administrator have no problem. The weird thing is that they can view/edit the records that I am the owner. The problem exists only when they are trying to save a  new record under their name. 

Please any ideas would be helpful!

MTBRiderMTBRider

Did you allow the other non-sys admin profiles access to your view screen as well as the edit screen via the security link under set up -> Develop -> Pages?

goabhigogoabhigo

Since they can see the page I assume these pages are added to their profiles. But if its not allowing save, then probably some fields are not editable for their profile. Did you write any controller for this? It would be good idea to open debug log and see what happens when you click on Save.

Do you want to restrict them from seeing your or other's records that they dont own? Then you need to set the OWD (Security Controls - Sharing settings) to Private.

SpirusSpirus

The issue was caused due to the fact that the object was child of another object and the users didn't have the access to the parent object.

Thanks for your help.